“Man i waithtir nin tiruva?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
|Leader||Presiding Steward Beregond ArFinn|
|Faith||the Church of Eru|
The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Presiding Steward Beregond ArFinn with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 26.011 billion Eluvatarans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Romenna. The average income tax rate is 11.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Eluvataran economy, worth a remarkable 3,901 trillion Romennan Dukats a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 149,995 Romennan Dukats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, the logging industry is celebrating as tourists plaster Eluvatar with trees, baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward, and innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eluvatar's national animal is the Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is the Church of Eru.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eluvatar's influence in Taijitu fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Eluvatar's influence in Taijitu rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Eluvatar's influence in Taijitu rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Eluvatar resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Eluvatar was endorsed by The Tomatoship of New Delfos.
- : Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Eluvatar, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- : Following new legislation in Eluvatar, baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward.