“Vision without action is a daydream” Adrian Levington
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Elvoreto is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Adrian Levington with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, otherworldly petting zoo, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.463 billion Elvoretoans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, although Healthcare, Administration, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Euphor. The average income tax rate is 29.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Elvoretoan economy, worth 123 trillion EL$s a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,168 EL$s, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elvoreto isn't what it used to be, Hippo is one of the most popular forenames in Elvoreto, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Euphor, and crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elvoreto's national animal is the Hippo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hellenism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elvoreto was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Elvoreto, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track.
- : Following new legislation in Elvoreto, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Euphor.
- : Following new legislation in Elvoreto, Hippo is one of the most popular forenames in Elvoreto.
- : Following new legislation in Elvoreto, Elvoreto isn't what it used to be.
- : Elvoreto resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Elvoreto endorsed The Free Land of Drueste.
- : Elvoreto was endorsed by The Holy Islamic Caliphate of Sahriastan.
- : Following new legislation in Elvoreto, the nation is renowned abroad for its love of blood and guts.
- : Following new legislation in Elvoreto, homeowners on prime real estate have been seen dodging giant bulldozers with cartoon characters painted on them.