|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Unproven
Location: the South Pacific
The Dominion of Empire of Italy is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 493 million Italians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 65.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Italian economy, worth 13.2 trillion lire a year, is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 26,717 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Empire of Italy's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Empire of Italy's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Empire of Italy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Most Conservative and the Top 10% for Most Primitive and Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Empire of Italy altered its national flag.
- : Empire of Italy changed its national demonym to "Italian" and its demonym adjective to "Italian".
- : Empire of Italy was founded in The South Pacific.