“To Unify all Anglo nations”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Britannia Prima
The Empire of English-Union is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Ronald Reagan with an even hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, public floggings, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 775 million English-Unioners have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pittsburgh. The average income tax rate is 61.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient English-Unionian economy, worth 87.7 trillion USDS a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 113,096 USDS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, janitors and factory workers are often better educated than the bosses they work for, citizens finish cleaning up after the annual National Treasure Hunt just in time for the next one, and children are often punished for the sins of the fathers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. English-Union's national animal is the Black mamba, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : English-Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in English-Union, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers.
- : English-Union approved the World Assembly proposal "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in English-Union, citizens finish cleaning up after the annual National Treasure Hunt just in time for the next one.
- : Following new legislation in English-Union, janitors and factory workers are often better educated than the bosses they work for.
- : English-Union voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : English-Union voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : English-Union lodged a message on the Britannia Prima Regional Message Board.
- : English-Union endorsed The Incorporated States of F 12.
- : English-Union withdrew its endorsement from The Incorporated States of Benazuela.