“We Will Endure”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Free Land of Enplatia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Landers with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.183 billion Enplatians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. The average income tax rate is 91.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Enplatian economy, worth 550 trillion marks a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,197 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Babies are increasingly seen as a luxury, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper, and older citizens lament over the loss of law and order. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Enplatia's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Enplatia endorsed The Federal Republic of Marinho Islands.
- : Enplatia endorsed The Empire of Empa Aserium.
- : Enplatia endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper.
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, babies are increasingly seen as a luxury.
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, saying "don't do anything that Landers wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Following new legislation in Enplatia, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate.
- : Enplatia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Luddinlande, Quiescent, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Farengeto, Kringalia, FreeFishers, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, Belschaft, Tsunamy, Techganet, Erinor, Moreana, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Tsvetania, Wyatonians, Darakin, Aywhyou, La Ascension, Poopisiya, Escevola, Volaworand, Sedunn, Jehenna, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Solar System Scope, Rebel-topia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Linguiniland, Rhetiaa, Saciu, New Briantown, Jaxon, Concrete Slab, Lambdaland, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Paranoia, UnShleepd, Silberne Wache, The National Corporation, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Barabarom, North Kanuckistan, Vincent Field, Kandorith, Xandev, Auphelia, and 41 others.The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Whimichy, Qvait, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, Staubsaugen, Stoniamera, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, North Catimestistrianes, Akindom, The Filippinas, Dasko, Spearos, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Aveerya, Mew Nation, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Phanama, Qawe, United Federated States of Omega, Negoshi, P R of China, Nowa Europa, Aurcania, Jennaterra, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Ketathinamiri Islands, Imperial Duck, Higash, Upper Tyrconnel, Solega, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, and Gecetesse.