“Long live Humanity, Long live Socialism” the Popular Committee of Epire
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The Communist Bloc
|Leader||the Popular Committee of Epire|
The Syndicalist Republic of Epire is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by the Popular Committee of Epire with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory vegetarianism, daily referendums, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.935 billion Epireans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Point Veksut. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Epirean economy, worth 213 trillion KR₣s a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 110,258 KR₣s, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, and The Popular Committee of Epire's Twitcher account is typically used to share Whale memes rather than government policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Epire's national animal is the Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Atheism.
Epire is ranked 23,023rd in the world and 274th in The Communist Bloc for Most Subsidized Industry, scoring 5,725.95 on the Gilded Widget Scale.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Epire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Epire, The Popular Committee of Epire's Twitcher account is typically used to share Whale memes rather than government policy.
- : Following new legislation in Epire, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Epire, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Following new legislation in Epire, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Epire, NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests.
- : Following new legislation in Epire, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Epire was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Epire was endorsed by The Socialist Grand Principality of Valoptia.
- : Following new legislation in Epire, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Romondia, Shamian, Wice, Western Iberia, Banba, Namwenia, Agania, Comuny, Theary, United Socialist States of Latin America, Free Azeribelia, International Anarchist Confederation, Likhinia, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Covarria, Stalliongrad and Far-Eastern Territories, Barbroussia, Dacaro, Zaskaria, and Valoptia.