|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The Empire of Eridue is a massive, genial nation, notable for its vat-grown people, rampant corporate plagiarism, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.081 billion Eridueans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. The average income tax rate is 82.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eriduean economy, worth 425 trillion Karls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 137,947 Karls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery, the government is purchasing vast amounts of palm oil for plastics production, vaccinations are mandatory, and where there's a will there is usually a password manager. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Eridue's national animal is the Emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eridue was endorsed by The Vivancantadian Kartaganra of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, where there's a will there is usually a password manager.
- : Eridue was endorsed by The United Federation of Coruh.
- : Eridue was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rainbow Vests.
- : Eridue was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : Eridue was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, the government is purchasing vast amounts of palm oil for plastics production.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery.
- : Eridue was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Survivoristan.
Endorsements Received: 44 » H-Zhena, Wiranath, Pakitsk, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Axdel, Someseni, Brotherland, Am Echad, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, VW53Aland, Kangarawa, Plazland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, Firenation91, Eagas, A Slanted Black Stripe, East Malaysia, Matdor, Marrabuk, Ridann, Republic of Berzerkistan, Squid Ruinosa, Evrigenis, Asendavia, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Staynes, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, BuciLand, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Rainbow Vests, Coruh, and Technocratic Tagalog.