|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Federation of Erlyia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Eredith Rizeres with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, national health service, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.548 billion Erlyians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azuros. The average income tax rate is 85.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Erlyian economy, worth 454 trillion cryskis a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 178,378 cryskis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Frat-house partying has become the national pastime, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists, claims of miracles are met with calls to eradicate religion as superstitious nonsense, and 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Erlyia's national animal is the raptor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Erlyia, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office.
- : Following new legislation in Erlyia, claims of miracles are met with calls to eradicate religion as superstitious nonsense.
- : Following new legislation in Erlyia, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Erlyia, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Erlyia, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security.
- : Following new legislation in Erlyia, the men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers.
- : Following new legislation in Erlyia, Erlyia's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives.
- : Erlyia was endorsed by The Holy Green Republic of Debussy.
- : Following new legislation in Erlyia, high food prices have reduced the national diet to staple foods and water.
- : Following new legislation in Erlyia, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Letnem, Treadwellia, Tanshia, New Rogernomics, SVR2200, Turkish-Ottoman, The Sigometh Dynasty, Your Imaginary Friend, Kan Po, Hycronesia, Tymus, Kamikaze89, Aflana, Wanga, Denado, Loftegen 2, Margandy, Aleckandor, Courlany, Burning Pants, Aigania, Caybow, Nargorthia, Tiegenhof, Sombrassino, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Axixic, Darkium, Aaecilia, Halliway, Steel Vagabonds, Praenestia, Rommanda, Capercom, Wintermoot III, The Rin Mang, Dhan, Sophisica, Lazarene Ryccia, Aguaria Major, Marcellinople, Custadia, Altmar, Neue Coolidge, LithuaniCon, Siberia Nova, Leonism, Guiness Freaks, Arkanik, Snoodum, and 13 others.Frankish Peoples, Germansberg, Nova Zemlya, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Middle Ketalia, Sireco, Lake Flotillas, The Illusian Empire, Outancotietrothis, Wishper, Snipeower, Astalen, and Debussy.