|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
|Capital||Tasiltu Al Kissuti|
|Leader||President Amal Kulkarni|
The Refugee Nation of Essu Beti is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Amal Kulkarni with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 4.997 billion Betians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tasiltu Al Kissuti. The average income tax rate is 78.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Betian economy, worth 277 trillion rils a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 55,521 rils, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Doctors accused of having no heart reply that cardiology isn't their speciality, there is something rotten in the state of Essu Beti, babies are increasingly seen as a luxury, and truancy levels are on the rise ever since school registers were banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Essu Beti's national animal is the avialan, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Beuwan.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Essu Beti's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Essu Beti's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Essu Beti altered its national flag.
- : Essu Beti was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Essu Beti ceased to exist in The Region That Has No Big Banks.
- : Essu Beti's influence in The Region That Has No Big Banks rose from "Negotiator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Essu Beti was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Essu Beti's influence in The Region That Has No Big Banks fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Essu Beti's influence in The Region That Has No Big Banks rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Essu Beti voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".