“Justice shall withstand the cruel world.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: The Great Experiment
The Kingdom of Evansa is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate population of 384 million Evansans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johannstantinople. The average income tax rate is 38.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Evansan economy, worth 26.7 trillion Espereys a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 69,650 Espereys, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Johannstantinople Times is sold out, major cities are suffering under water rationing, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, and political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Evansa's national animal is the Red-Tailed Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Evansa, political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads.
- : Evansa endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of Morathe.
- : Evansa withdrew its endorsement from The Oppressed Peoples of Morathe.
- : Evansa changed its national animal to "Red-Tailed Hawk".
- : Evansa changed its national animal to "whale".
- : Evansa was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Aquafid.
- : Evansa endorsed The Democratic Republic of Aquafid.
- : Following new legislation in Evansa, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Evansa updated the World Factbook entry in The Great Experiment.
- : Evansa voted for The Empire of Kuriko in Round 2 of the election.