“In J.R. We Trust”
|Category: Right-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
|Leader||John Ross Ewing Jr|
|Faith||the Holy Capitalism|
The Barnes-Free Conglomerate of Ewing Oil Co is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by John Ross Ewing Jr with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, enslaved workforce, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 24.538 billion Oilers are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dallas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Oiler economy, worth an astonishing 19,911 trillion Petrodollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is a breathtaking 811,454 Petrodollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 3,735,297 per year while the poor average 106,758, a ratio of 35.0 to 1.
Garden stores are not allowed to sell water butts, autopsies often involve only cursory examination, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and town welcome signs list corporate sponsors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ewing Oil Co's national animal is the Budweiser Ferret, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Holy Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ewing Oil Co, town welcome signs list corporate sponsors.
- : Following new legislation in Ewing Oil Co, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Ewing Oil Co, autopsies often involve only cursory examination.
- : Following new legislation in Ewing Oil Co, garden stores are not allowed to sell water butts.
- : Following new legislation in Ewing Oil Co, the nation's entire cultural heritage is being auctioned off to the rich.
- : Following new legislation in Ewing Oil Co, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Following new legislation in Ewing Oil Co, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- : Following new legislation in Ewing Oil Co, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars.
- : Following new legislation in Ewing Oil Co, citizens must pay to enjoy Ewing Oil Co's pristine beaches.
- : Ewing Oil Co voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Depository standards Act".
Endorsements Received: 11 » NewTexas, Grays Harbor, Gig em Aggies, The United Republics of Texas, Lichian, Tishanda, Studly Penguins, Safj, Greater United Texas, Fort Verden, and Blandings and Fenwick.