“è l'aratro che traccia il solco, ma è la spada difende”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Barbaric Magnificence of Fafhrd is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Fafhrd with an iron fist, and remarkable for its enslaved workforce, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 30.96 billion Lankmarts are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order and Industry are also considered important, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cold Corner. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Lankmartan economy, worth an astonishing 15,825 trillion gold rilks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is a breathtaking 511,163 gold rilks, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 3,195,963 per year while the poor average 34,755, a ratio of 92.0 to 1.
Soldiers are equipped with multi-million gold rilk battlesuits, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Cold Corner to enjoy their national art, children are expected to carve their own toys, and labour strikes are routinely squashed by police. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Fafhrd's national animal is the snow snake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Kos.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cultured and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Fafhrd was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.