“Obey the empire, or perish.”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
|Animal||Pink Fairy Armadillo|
The Empire of Fahrul is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 826 million Fahrulians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Strine. The average income tax rate is 68.2%.
The very strong Fahrulian economy, worth 72.8 trillion Soliduses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 88,128 Soliduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Toxic smog is dismissed as the populace just "letting off steam", officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card, and the statue in the Nguyen Plaza has a solar panel for a hat. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fahrul's national animal is the Pink Fairy Armadillo, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, the statue in the Davis Plaza has a solar panel for a hat.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, toxic smog is dismissed as the populace just "letting off steam".
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life.
- : Fahrul was endorsed by The Crimson Empire of Celannica.
- : Fahrul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector, Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, and Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, police spend their Saturday nights breaking up illegal street races.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, the only way to escape lengthy prison terms is in a body bag.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Rhealaliit, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Am Echad, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Plazland, Hizuru, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Marrico, United China Nation, Axdel, Escade, Janoobi Jazair, Liberstankonia, Lerasi, Sericena, Staynes, Someseni, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Avakael, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Asendavia, Eagas, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Todd McCloud, Matdor, The Angel of Charity, Wiranath, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ballpit2, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, and Celannica.