“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Federal Republic of Farverlag is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Hansie Windoek with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 916 million Farverlagers love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ragburg. The average income tax rate is 70.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Farverlager economy, worth 56.8 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Trout Farming. Average income is 62,041 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit, it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Farverlag's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Farverlag was endorsed by The People's Republic of Malonereich.
- : Farverlag was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Farverlag was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Farverlag was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Farverlag was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Farverlag was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Farverlag, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Farverlag, it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven.
- : Farverlag voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Desertification"".
- : Farverlag was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Srevana.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Wehraboos, Quiescent, Erinor, Saciu, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Barabarom, Farengeto, Anachronolandia, Academy of Umbrellas, Xandev, Churumduul, Aumeltopia, The Solar System Scope, State of Iowa, Agalaesia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, USNE2018, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Great Africans, Qvait, Beepee, Dasko, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ariankido, Jennaterra, Luddinlande, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, New Briantown, Sedunn, Tsvetania, Abarri, Spearos, Fasire, Havenfell, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Linguiniland, Mapico, Aurcania, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Kopashu, Paranoia, and 7 others.The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Srevana, Direwolf1, Romanus Terrae, Qawe, and Malonereich.