“The Guardian of the civilized world!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Constitutional Monarchy of Federated Kingdoms of Brittania is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its soft-spoken computers, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.446 billion Brittanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Westminster. The average income tax rate is 40.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Brittanian economy, worth 65.7 trillion Interpounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 45,417 Interpounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans, kids these days know how to throw a proper punch, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Federated Kingdoms of Brittania's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork, Healthiest Citizens, and Most Inclusive.
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania was refounded in Osiris.
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania was endorsed by The Great Millenary Empire of Aurcania.
- : Federated Kingdoms of Brittania was endorsed by Helvetie.