“Vigilia pretium libertatis”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Unproven
|Leader||King Jean IV|
The Imperial Federation of Fliesa is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Jean IV with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.829 billion Fliesans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 11.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Fliesan economy, worth 169 trillion franc sterlings a year, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 92,421 franc sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians literally speak literally, King Jean IV has declared a weed sticking through a crack in the sidewalk to be the nation's newest green space, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography, and sex changes are routinely performed at Fliesa's hospitals. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Fliesa's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fliesa altered its national flag.
- : Fliesa's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Fliesa was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Fliesa ceased to exist in New Western Empire.
- : Fliesa was endorsed by The People's Republic of Tabuland.
- : Fliesa was endorsed by The Chosen Undead's Republic of FROMSOFTWARE.
- : Fliesa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Fliesa was endorsed by The Kingdom of Marinne.
- : Fliesa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : Fliesa was endorsed by The Kingdom of Leverestia.