“Castigat ridendo mores.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Matriarchy of Florenczia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 291 million Florenczians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 16.8%.
The strong Florenczian economy, worth 22.7 trillion flores a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,081 flores, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries, a recent "genocide prevention" campaign includes murdering children based on their DNA, the government is spending billions of taxpayer flores to support "struggling" industries, and one does not simply walk into the tundra. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Florenczia's national animal is the maned wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Florenczia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Florenczia, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in Florenczia, the government is spending billions of taxpayer flores to support "struggling" industries.
- : Following new legislation in Florenczia, a recent "genocide prevention" campaign includes murdering children based on their DNA.
- : Following new legislation in Florenczia, towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries.
- : Following new legislation in Florenczia, credit scores fluctuate wildly with every change of government.
- : Following new legislation in Florenczia, much of Florenczia's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Florenczia's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Florenczia, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams.
- : Following new legislation in Florenczia, the nation was recently voted as the most stylish in the South Pacific.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Erinor, Jehenna, Quiescent, Aumeltopia, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Barabarom, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, Seliyan progressive Islands, The Solar System Scope, Curlyhoward, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Linguiniland, Nothanksbutseriously, Concrete Slab, Nova Montron, Tsvetania, Agalaesia, Tsunamy, Havenfell, Kiasu-ism, Wehraboos, Nowa Europa, Qvait, Bear Connors Paradiso, Sthalrim, The Filippinas, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Darakin, Utondara, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Spearos, Ufask, Xandev, Centristvill, Vincent Field, The United Expanse, Crabius, FreeFishers, Amerion, Fasire, Theorin, Imperial Duck, Luddinlande, Rebel-topia, Anachronolandia, Farengeto, Sedunn, and 25 others.Japanese Federal Republic, Abarri, Transtemporal Shifts, Noire Denholm, Mapico, Blahblah2017, Aurcania, World United, Escevola, Marinho Islands, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Empa Aserium, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Gecetesse, Kholdan, Kopashu, Omiri, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, GI-Land, Samogitija, Rabbitz, and Qawe.