“Nation to be one”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Greater Antarctic Empire of Florin is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 4.989 billion Florinese are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sirius. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Florinian economy, worth a remarkable 1,137 trillion Antarctic Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an amazing 228,076 Antarctic Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Florin as a reminder of their "special relationship", small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside, and one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Florin's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Florin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Florin, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Florin as a reminder of their "special relationship".
- : Florin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Florin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Florin voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Following new legislation in Florin, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Farrakhan, Zavea, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Emeseses, Aqueira, Melon feud, Thuringia Reich, Singu1arity, Panormia, Euroanatolian Greece, Arinteriswith, Capitalist Paradise, Lederland, Cecilly, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Sarotte, Edgedgie, Centurionis, Beezertopia, The Horror Channel, Perfect Sublime Masters, Pettlland, Vas Normandy, Aeritania, Maazalik, Masters86, Rubian Empire, Cyrtenes, Rushkaland, Republic of edward, OspasiA, Serious Problems, Collosuss, Aandruzognivia, Gozira, Arkhane, Crazy Firemen, Goryier, Casanas, Volsar, Magrinia, The Libertarian Republic of Savages, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Gwrachbyd, Zerentopia, Razorback, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Aggro, CLovidia, and 24 others.Super Mega Awesome, Greater-Syria, Delight, Greater Cesnica, ThePlace, Visionary Union, Nation of Urie, FareP, Hallmaak, Novi Libertas, Fragmented Spero, The 3rd Reich Remnants, TorNaGul, ShyVini, NewColo, Aianistan, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, A Leaf on the Wind, United Libor Lefunkistan, Agua de Pelar Porco II, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Makdon, Hyponichtmallieturam, and Ulslur.