“Nation to be one”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Greater Antarctic Empire of Florin is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, ubiquitous missile silos, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 2.932 billion Florinese are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sirius. The average income tax rate is 66.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Florinian economy, worth 531 trillion Antarctic Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 181,411 Antarctic Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Florin's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Florin, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.
- : Florin endorsed The Holy Empire of Generation Zed.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.
- : Florin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, there's no representation without taxation.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Farrakhan, Zavea, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Emeseses, Kyorgia, Aqueira, Morover, Hardscrabble, Marilyn Manson Freaks, New Edem, Holleynaga, Zyonn, Melon feud, Thuringia Reich, Singu1arity, Panormia, Vroengard mk2, Matonis, Euroanatolian Greece, Arinteriswith, Capitalist Paradise, Lederland, Cecilly, Islamic Republic e Jariri, The Land of the Dark Immortals, Sarotte, Empire of the alder, Edgedgie, Liberal2day, Centurionis, Cleo and Topaz, Lasgana island, Heaven Fire, Beezertopia, UKIMAR RBON, Saavir Yuvon, The Horror Channel, Star Kingdom, Razorback, Perfect Sublime Masters, DisregardWork, Pettlland, Vas Normandy, Kijsel, Lobraunia, Aeritania, Maazalik, Zhavn, Up Downland, and 27 others.Masters86, The Ardenner Forest, Rubian Empire, Cyrtenes, Upper West Northern Schneddick, Die Suid-Afrikaanse Ryk, Mihaiteren, Rushkaland, Republic of edward, OspasiA, South Acren, Serious Problems, Aisyle, Enacheland, Pandorivia, Collosuss, Bobdabuilder, KEP77, Aandruzognivia, TorNaGul, Kaystein, Skenne, Hollow Forest Pack, Thepeopl, Gozira, Arkhane, and Hemta.