“Nation to be one”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Greater Antarctic Empire of Florin is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 4.583 billion Florinese are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sirius. The average income tax rate is 93.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Florinian economy, worth a remarkable 1,041 trillion Antarctic Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an amazing 227,147 Antarctic Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The parliament building has installed a revolving door, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Florin's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Florin, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : Following new legislation in Florin, the parliament building has installed a revolving door.
- : Florin voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Florin voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Florin, cops with assault weaponry are forcing their way into private homes to search for terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, Penguin sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Following new legislation in Florin, foreign nations often blame poverty and terrorism on Florinian selfishness.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Farrakhan, Zavea, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Emeseses, Aqueira, Melon feud, Thuringia Reich, Singu1arity, Panormia, Vroengard mk2, Euroanatolian Greece, Arinteriswith, Capitalist Paradise, Lederland, Cecilly, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Sarotte, Edgedgie, Centurionis, Beezertopia, The Horror Channel, Perfect Sublime Masters, DisregardWork, Pettlland, Vas Normandy, Aeritania, Maazalik, Masters86, Rubian Empire, Cyrtenes, Die Suid-Afrikaanse Ryk, Rushkaland, Republic of edward, OspasiA, Serious Problems, Collosuss, Aandruzognivia, Gozira, Arkhane, Crazy Firemen, Goryier, United Kraven, Dead I Jack, Casanas, Volsar, Magrinia, The Libertarian Republic of Savages, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Gwrachbyd, and 36 others.Zerentopia, Razorback, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Aggro, CLovidia, Super Mega Awesome, Vasisdas, XW5RULEZ, Greater-Syria, Delight, Greater Cesnica, ThePlace, Visionary Union, Lansaka, Morover, Nation of Urie, Tartessis, FareP, Nakena, Mundanus, Alpharoland, Jordanian arabia, Hallmaak, Novi Libertas, Fragmented Spero, Pevegaria, The 3rd Reich Remnants, Gratosh, TorNaGul, Agalaesia, ShyVini, Bormiar, NewColo, Aianistan, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, and A Leaf on the Wind.