“Scientia potentia est”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: Glass Gallows
The Equal Republic of Flutro is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Valo Perkos with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.254 billion Flutrons love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cerlos. The average income tax rate is 96.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Flutron economy, worth a remarkable 1,133 trillion Flutron Xanoas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 181,173 Flutron Xanoas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The subway is dead quiet in early afternoons, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, skateparks can be found in every city, and a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Flutro's national animal is the Silver-Haired Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Flutro's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Flutro, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate.
- : Following new legislation in Flutro, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Flutro altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Flutro, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars.
- : Following new legislation in Flutro, the subway is dead quiet in early afternoons.
- : Following new legislation in Flutro, fish with fish chips have become the new Flutron food staple.
- : Following new legislation in Flutro, convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Flutro, third world countries are rich in "I Love Cerlos" t-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Flutro, being Valo Perkos has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.