“The Market is God”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Empire of Fractured Ribs is a very large, efficient nation, renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 190 million Fractured Ribsians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The tiny, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.8%.
The powerhouse Fractured Ribsian economy, worth 18.6 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Retail. Average income is 97,784 bitcoins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 303,914 per year while the poor average 24,202, a ratio of 12.6 to 1.
New government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Fractured Ribs, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and children must make a homemade spinach and ricotta rotolo by high school or be held back. Crime is relatively low. Fractured Ribs's national animal is the Porcupine, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fractured Ribs was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Ponantine.
- : Fractured Ribs was endorsed by The Holy Violet Matriarchy of Racoda.
- : Fractured Ribs was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Fractured Ribs, children must make a homemade spinach and ricotta rotolo by high school or be held back.
- : Following new legislation in Fractured Ribs, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Fractured Ribs, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Fractured Ribs.
- : Fractured Ribs voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Fractured Ribs voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Fractured Ribs, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps.
- : Following new legislation in Fractured Ribs, copyright laws have been abolished.
Endorsements Received: 109 » Alunya, Pallaith, Runeda, Gooood Tiiimes, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Siwale, El Fiji Grande, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Aetulia, Shin-Hachioji, Shadowrik, Loutsland, 5 kingdoms of Britannia, Advancia-Sizzletown, Ethnon, Princely Irbis, New Octicarg, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Zeternia, Selfgradatude, Dar es Saalam, Koda-Land, Sunto, North Bratislava, Bearical, Test for a new hope, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Lindsaystan, Xzavia-Hjar, Daiz, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, Omnistria, Aezus, Dreadton, Sinelona, Amauri, Napnomadia, Newpromisedland, 2 and 2 is Fish, Valhalla123, The Rhein States, Black Templares, Sundred, Guer Aike, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Sockmanland, Aeolist, and 59 others.Cuyan, 1 very fast endotarter, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Wineclaw, The Tampa Bay Rays, Federation Terra Australis, Wilkshire, PotatoFarmers, Wisconsota, Tamgu, Kwaj, Juggernautilus, New Flos, Zumlandia, Zokk, Arkenistan, Sil Dorsett, New Bremerton, Holy Oranz, Spartoptia, Trillius, Lanterkint, PlanetPunk, Elder Realms, Abject Ludicrosity, Sheldanada, Great Javadwipa, Etrurica, AGoodPlace, Grimandia, Duerrlewang, Makersaulache, Austurasia, Moisus, Ibiscaton, Kasazzastan, Sea Ghost, Victoriaans Nederlands, Some Random TNP Nation, Quebekistand, Jasminlandia, McMasterdonia, Torakuen, General COE, Steampunk Ariel, Frie Annium, Warcaa, Miruma, Glurponia, The Stratosphere Islands, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Delmak, Guslantis, Faircliff, Great Robertia, The Notorious Mad Jack, Racoda, and Ponantine.