“Enlighten, Build, Reconstruct”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
|Leader||The Federal Council of Frandlia|
The United Socialist States of Frandlia is a huge, safe nation, ruled by The Federal Council of Frandlia with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 922 million Frandlians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lina. The average income tax rate is 66.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Frandlian economy, worth 68.4 trillion Frands a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 74,178 Frands, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, the government tries not to listen to the people unless it absolutely has to, and international humanitarian organisations are applauding the government for ending the death penalty. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Frandlia's national animal is the Glossinidae, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Frandlia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Frandlia, international humanitarian organisations are applauding the government for ending the death penalty.
- : Following new legislation in Frandlia, the government tries not to listen to the people unless it absolutely has to.
- : Following new legislation in Frandlia, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- : Following new legislation in Frandlia, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.
- : Frandlia endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of Kuddles.
- : Frandlia endorsed The Republic of Ketathinamiri Islands.
- : Frandlia endorsed The Golden Democratic States of The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine.
- : Frandlia endorsed The Sound Waves of UnShleepd.
- : Frandlia endorsed The Space Pirate Empire of New Briantown.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Hanguk-Nippon, Luddinlande, Wehraboos, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, Erinor, Xandev, The Filippinas, Jaxon, Darakin, Jehenna, Barabarom, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Academy of Umbrellas, Republic Clovakh, Staubsaugen, Jahass, Whimichy, Akindom, Farengeto, Ostanasia, Churumduul, Agalaesia, New Juan Carlos Land, State of Iowa, Tsvetania, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Tsunamy, Mew Nation, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Towi Lamia, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, Qawe, Negoshi, Qvait, Changolandia, Beepee, Dasko, Pencil Sharpeners 2, P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, Rabbitz, Pays de Loire, BootJack, Elveka, Aurcania, and 6 others.Kuddles, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, New Briantown, and Sedunn.