“A Free Nation Is An Armed Nation”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Federation of Freedmontia is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 606 million Freedmontians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Citadel. The average income tax rate is 45.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Freedmontian economy, worth 50.3 trillion USDS a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,938 USDS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, the government is a law unto itself, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private, and a shipwreck is everyone's fault but the captain's. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Freedmontia's national animal is the Crow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Freedmontia was endorsed by The Republic of Huks Gares.
- : Following new legislation in Freedmontia, a shipwreck is everyone's fault but the captain's.
- : Following new legislation in Freedmontia, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private.
- : Following new legislation in Freedmontia, the government is a law unto itself.
- : Following new legislation in Freedmontia, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Freedmontia, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Freedmontia.
- : Freedmontia was endorsed by The Absurd Memory of Ravendi.
- : Following new legislation in Freedmontia, a recent "genocide prevention" campaign includes murdering children based on their DNA.
- : Following new legislation in Freedmontia, the rich tend their gardens inside gated urban farming communities.
- : Following new legislation in Freedmontia, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Alunya, Runeda, U S Eh, El Fiji Grande, Bearical, The Rhein States, PlanetPunk, Territorio di Nessuno, Loutsland, Trillius, Dar es Saalam, Dreadton, Great Bights Mum, Corfad, Koda-Land, New Octicarg, Sundred, Kwaj, Notyoutopia, Duerrlewang, Shibutani, Sockmanland, Fizban, Guer Aike, Omnistria, 1 very fast endotarter, Yaorozu, Siwale, Zumlandia, Amauri, Federation Terra Australis, Black Templares, The Stratosphere Islands, McMasterdonia, Xzavia-Hjar, North Bratislava, Daiz, The Tampa Bay Rays, Ponantine, Test for a new hope, Makersaulache, Sunto, Sil Dorsett, Kasazzastan, Aratani, Spartoptia, New Bremerton, Maott, Racoda, Shadowrik, and 54 others.Eri-Maqa-Ena, Tamgu, Randbourne, Nakayo, Pasargad, Ozstan, Wisconsota, Wineclaw, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Holy Oranz, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Steampunk Ariel, The Iron Lions, Gnomewatchers, Cuyan, Selfgradatude, Abject Ludicrosity, Moubarakistan, Joodey, Solskjar, New Trisone, Glurponia, Loli County, Ereena, Frances Francis the First of France, Xentherida, Altamonte, Nothru Lerple, PotatoFarmers, Clan Spaniel, Angshire, Miruma, United Kahndaq, Kranostav, Yukti, Germanic Araya, Pazair, Phoeba, Neworva, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Viridiann, Dabarastan, Afcon, Zyvetskistaahn, United Anglo-America, Parmovand, Ethnon, Orado, Daymonskinner, Pallaith, Eravonia, Ravendi, and Huks Gares.