“Ad aequalitatem enim speciei overseen a lutrę” Lutra Otto
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
The Green Otter's State of Garbelia is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Lutra Otto with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, anti-smoking policies, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 865 million Garbeli are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garvida. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Garbelery economy, worth 76.5 trillion CryptoGarbels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Average income is 88,408 CryptoGarbels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy immunity to prosecution, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings, Lutra Otto is considering changing the nation's name to Blackacre, and billion-CryptoGarbel sentient AI killbots roll through the streets dispensing hot dogs and T-shirts. Crime is totally unknown. Garbelia's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, billion-CryptoGarbel sentient AI killbots roll through the streets dispensing hot dogs and T-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, Lutra Otto is considering changing the nation's name to Blackacre.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
- : Garbelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Garbelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Garbelia was endorsed by The Republic of New Ladavia.
- : Garbelia's influence in Forest rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, money can't buy happiness but it can buy immunity to prosecution.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, it is not politically correct to suspect that a serially convicted burglar might steal again.
- : Garbelia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Effazio, Ownzone, Terrabod, Middle Barael, Ruinenlust, Frieden-und Freudenland, Lura, Ransium, Feladria, Cat-Herders United, Candlewhisper Archive, Atsvea, Canaltia, Love and Nature, Kawastyselir, Verdant Haven, Roless, The Void Territories, Litauengrad, Norginlajicratefe, Bananaistan, Blon Gre, The Black Forrest, Turbeaux, Blue Nagia, Ironic Remarks, Novian Republics, East Stederland, Artemis, Ziotah and Riverside, Uniania Geeth, Taco Respublic, Caterasia, Pen Blanityion, Bregaria, The Long Valley, Deontologia, Alcantaria, Chilledsville, Anachronolandia, Window Land, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Zinguanaville, Tur Ada, Crowacia, Simbolon, Eryndlynd, Adaline, Ashrah, Hyon Delta, and 20 others.Hoochlandia, Cuillin, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Entitize, Cikya, Edible Plywood, Kepler-0085, Forgotten Beauty, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Ancorai, Saint Jonas, Uan aa Boa, Arklanda, The Fabulous Islands, Rivienland, Verensika, Daarwyrth, and New Ladavia.