“Ad aequalitatem enim speciei overseen a lutrę” Lutra Otto
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Green Otter's State of Garbelia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lutra Otto with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.294 billion Garbeli are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garvida. The average income tax rate is 93.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Garbelery economy, worth 134 trillion CryptoGarbels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 104,166 CryptoGarbels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, military officials are questioning the policy of ceding the nation's territory in exchange for promises not to invade it, and laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts. Crime is totally unknown. Garbelia's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Lutrianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, military officials are questioning the policy of ceding the nation's territory in exchange for promises not to invade it.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security.
- : Garbelia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Shauls.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Garbelia.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, all beauty contests have been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Garbelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Garbelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
Endorsements Received: 77 » Effazio, Ownzone, Terrabod, Middle Barael, Ruinenlust, Frieden-und Freudenland, Lura, Ransium, Feladria, Cat-Herders United, Candlewhisper Archive, Atsvea, Canaltia, Love and Nature, Kawastyselir, Verdant Haven, Roless, The Void Territories, Litauengrad, Norginlajicratefe, Bananaistan, Blon Gre, The Black Forrest, Turbeaux, Blue Nagia, Ironic Remarks, Novian Republics, East Stederland, Artemis, Ziotah and Riverside, Uniania Geeth, Taco Respublic, Caterasia, Pen Blanityion, Bregaria, The Long Valley, Deontologia, Alcantaria, Chilledsville, Anachronolandia, Window Land, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Zinguanaville, Crowacia, Simbolon, Eryndlynd, Ashrah, Hyon Delta, Hoochlandia, Cuillin, and 27 others.The New Bluestocking Homeland, Entitize, Edible Plywood, Kepler-0085, Forgotten Beauty, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Ancorai, Uan aa Boa, The Fabulous Islands, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Dasche, Shalotte, Doxstern, Ordealius, Tscharva, McClandia Doge 2, Eaven, Jutsa, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, New Latin Locality, The World Wildlife Fund, Felinetopia, and Shauls.