“Don't tread on me” the Governor
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Queen's State of Garfield Whitman is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Governor with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 22.949 billion Garfield Whitmanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, outspoken government prioritizes Welfare, although Healthcare, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.1%.
The very strong Garfield Whitmanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,009 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 43,977 betales, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
Voting is voluntary, Garfield Whitman has designated Capital Heights as its capital city, the Governor has just been declared ruler of Garfield Whitman in an international press conference, and none has been named as Garfield Whitman's national religion. Crime is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Garfield Whitman's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Garfield Whitman was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Garfield Whitman's influence in Senegal rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Garfield Whitman's influence in Senegal rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Garfield Whitman's influence in Senegal rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Garfield Whitman's influence in Senegal rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Garfield Whitman's influence in Senegal rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Garfield Whitman's influence in Senegal rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Garfield Whitman lodged a message on the Senegal Regional Message Board.
- : Garfield Whitman relocated from Crematoria to Senegal.
- : Garfield Whitman relocated from 0000 to Crematoria.