“The most prudent virtue is wisdom.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Empire of Gathia is a huge, genial nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 334 million Gathians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Healthcare, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 8.8%.
The Gathian economy, worth 16.6 trillion florins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 49,561 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gathia's national animal is the eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gathia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Gathia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Gathia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Gathia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Gathia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Gathia's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Gathia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments and Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Gathia was founded in The North Pacific.