“Peace and prosperity.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The People's Republic of Gelovia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.956 billion Gelovians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 93.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Gelovian economy, worth 248 trillion pelars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 127,197 pelars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past, some members of Parliament are illiterate, reddish-brown is the new black, and preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gelovia's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gelovia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Following new legislation in Gelovia, preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime.
- : Following new legislation in Gelovia, reddish-brown is the new black.
- : Following new legislation in Gelovia, some members of Parliament are illiterate.
- : Gelovia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Gelovia, mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past.
- : Following new legislation in Gelovia, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- : Following new legislation in Gelovia, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- : Following new legislation in Gelovia, write-in candidate 'Leader Sucks' is perennially popular.
- : Following new legislation in Gelovia, you can call your arthritic immigrant neighbour for all your roof-tiling and guttering needs.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Beepee, Volaworand, Concrete Slab, Aidenfieeld, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, The National Corporation, Kringalia, Luddinlande, Aywhyou, Rebel-topia, Aumeltopia, Cuuldere, Techganet, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Anachronolandia, USNE2018, Jaxon, Auphelia, Sedunn, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Whimichy, Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Land Without Shrimp, The Filippinas, North Prarie, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Stoniamera, Akindom, Qvait, Drugged Monkeys, Churumduul, Tsunamy, Agalaesia, Ostanasia, Towi Lamia, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, The Solar System Scope, Lakalvesoman, Quiescent, Dasko, Hanguk-Nippon, and 15 others.Aurcania, Pays de Loire, New Briantown, Imperial Duck, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Realms of Madness, Phanama, Qawe, Mapico, and West Carlisten.