“Unity before Individuality”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
The United Socialist States of Gemlon is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Premier Kogrof with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 2.057 billion Gemlonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zednech. The average income tax rate is 90.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Gemlonian economy, worth 222 trillion Chits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 108,388 Chits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", Maxtopian villagers starve by the time Gemlonian officials even file the appropriate paperwork needed to help them, suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks, and glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gemlon's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gemlon was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Greater New Cassandra.
- : Following new legislation in Gemlon, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- : Following new legislation in Gemlon, suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks.
- : Gemlon endorsed The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Gemlon was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Following new legislation in Gemlon, Maxtopian villagers starve by the time Gemlonian officials even file the appropriate paperwork needed to help them.
- : Following new legislation in Gemlon, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance".
- : Following new legislation in Gemlon, in court almost every witness is a hostile witness.
- : Gemlon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Most Income Equality, and Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Gemlon, the property market is in a bit of a state.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Wiranath, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Hizuru, BearStackof2015, Kangarawa, Liberstankonia, Roliganistan, Someseni, VW53Aland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Axdel, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Stellar Colonies, Matdor, Am Echad, Ridann, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Modra, Rainbow Vests, Todd McCloud, A Slanted Black Stripe, Asendavia, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Oofery, Staynes, Technocratic Tagalog, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, A mean old man, Filipopol, Santa Dystopia, and Greater New Cassandra.