“A child of Amber may walk among them, and such was my h” Lord Oberon
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
|Faith||The Way of the Shaddows|
The Borderlands of Giant Redwoods is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Oberon with an iron fist, and remarkable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.862 billion Giant Redwoodsians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amber. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Giant Redwoodsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,296 trillion Trumps a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 266,708 Trumps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Atheists on vacation find The Way of the Shaddows's scriptures make useful doorstops, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark, dealers go from pushing drugs to pushing up daisies, and colonial subjects have Giant Redwoodsian culture shoved down their throats. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Giant Redwoods's national animal is the Unicorn, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Way of the Shaddows.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Giant Redwoods was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Giant Redwoods was endorsed by The Republic of Peabodia.
- : Following new legislation in Giant Redwoods, colonial subjects have Giant Redwoodsian culture shoved down their throats.
- : Following new legislation in Giant Redwoods, dealers go from pushing drugs to pushing up daisies.
- : Giant Redwoods was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Giant Redwoods, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark.
- : Following new legislation in Giant Redwoods, atheists on vacation find The Way of the Shaddows's scriptures make useful doorstops.
- : Following new legislation in Giant Redwoods, people talk about things being better when men were men.
- : Giant Redwoods endorsed The Kingdom of Novachrono.
- : Following new legislation in Giant Redwoods, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Titanne, The Greater Ohio Valley, Soniseon, Islonia, Shoila, Fyoria, ASEAN Nations, Barats Moroodna, Teonage, Fishergate, The Bigtopia, Boreia, Stanlaren, Andusre, Celdoria, Korsinia, Zermanny, New Deepayantendoland, Uppenja, Marvinville, Ermica, Flandronia, World Trade, Vaathinia, Hydra dragon, Marie Byrd, Belsiaria, Zon island, Camellias, Besancia, South Mouse Island, Piracho Sake, Rushenberg, KyrieEleison, German Moravia, Unedongo, Notariannia, Quitman Mississippi, Hulldom, The United Socialist Republic of India, The Peoples Caribbean Union, Wolventoft, Taralania, North Hinterlund, Taungu, Freytoria, Yoshland, PRIMO ORDER, Emmadia, Senota, and 16 others.Food can into Space, Logotia, Castarilia, Orsily, The Marconian State, Lemonadia, Antenion, Hartenia, Nouvelle Valois, Brototh, Actias, Emazia, Arirang Hill, Broustan, Rivogna, and Peabodia.