“Answerable to the people, to an extent” King Luke Remington Davis
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
|Leader||King Luke Remington Davis|
The Constitutional Monarchy of Goldenson is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Luke Remington Davis with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 11.831 billion Goldensonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Redding. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 44.6%.
The all-consuming Goldensonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,541 trillion California dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 130,268 California dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 407,239 per year while the poor average 31,972, a ratio of 12.7 to 1.
Anything is permissible when wearing latex gloves, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, and traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Goldenson's national animal is the California Grizzly, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Oneness Pentecostalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Goldenson, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Goldenson was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Goldenson was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Goldenson, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits.
- : Goldenson was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Goldenson voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Subject State Enforcement Act".
- : Goldenson rejected a request from Vermont for an embassy with California.
- : Goldenson was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Goldenson, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Goldenson agreed to construct embassies between California and The City of New York.
Endorsements Received: None.