“Yellow is the finest colour” Charles Buls
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Rue de l'Étoile of Grand Place is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Charles Buls with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.25 billion Belgians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bruxelles. The average income tax rate is 65.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Belgian economy, worth 383 trillion euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 90,128 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Former arms manufacturing CEOs are now delivering food for minimum wage, the newest East Lebatuckese coins have "long live East Lebatuck" on heads and "death to Grand Place" on tails, public executions just aren't the cheery spectacles they once were, and prison reforms have replaced communal luaus with communal loos. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grand Place's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grand Place was endorsed by The Village Republic of Temmi.
- : Grand Place was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, prison reforms have replaced communal luaus with communal loos.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, public executions just aren't the cheery spectacles they once were.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, the newest East Lebatuckese coins have "long live East Lebatuck" on heads and "death to Grand Place" on tails.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, former arms manufacturing CEOs are now delivering food for minimum wage.
- : Following new legislation in Grand Place, Charles Buls has been seen stealthily slicing fifths off bread loaves.
- : Grand Place endorsed The Heart of The United Syrian States.
- : Grand Place voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Grand Place voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
Endorsements Received: 101 » Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Nargorthia, Axixic, Perchan, Praenestia, Lazarene Ryccia, Denado, The Sigometh Dynasty, NoDrugCrimeTown, Aflana, Custadia, Guiness Freaks, Burning Pants, Caybow, Mzeusia, Arkanik, Rommanda, Sophisica, Aletian, Steel Vagabonds, Xracona, Fissure Town, Darkium, Bobs raider puppet, The Salvation States, Leton, Sireco, Tottoro, Astalen, Northern Rosary Isles, Cossack Peoples, Pherttsylvania, Surd, Nova Zemlya, Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo, Loftegen 3, Bravenewworld, Ecchi Unlimited, The Daedric Lords, Snoodum, Leonism, Zadaria, Capercom, Aegis-5, Glorious Society, Shaunborough, Aigania, Manaric, Thetraxia, and 51 others.The New California Republic, Outlaw Conformity, Auralon, Darcaethir, Inceptio, Aguaria Major, Issrak-om, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Treat-Seeking Missiles, Othan, Russiane, Port Flynt, Margandy, Uhanda, The Celestial Lands, The Islands of Colwell, Tor Otto, Shadowra, Emperor PJ, Wishper, Laporter, TypoTech, Marcellinople, Sletho, Wilhelmsborough, Ioboriya, Mainze, Aleckandor, Skin Nation The Second, Tristin, Courlany, Amertheria, Peoples Republic of zanzablanzabar, Watchlandia, Kunigund, Fortytipper, Arclandia, Sveta Makreshanska Kraljevina, Silver Minner, Prodomina, Domais, Captain Apollo, Deciduslava, Aaecilia, Riau Islands, Debussy, Ashoy, Ladandtopia, Demonos, The United Syrian States, and Temmi.