“For The People, By The People, I the People”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Part Time Troll Nation of GraVandius is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Antonio GraVandius with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, enslaved workforce, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 8.654 billion GraVandiusians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vandius City. The average income tax rate is 71.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient GraVandiusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,219 trillion Dramacas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 140,880 Dramacas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The nobility are anxious about the government's new "three executions and you're out" policy, the single-issue Chocolates for Convicts Party recently won several council seats, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GraVandius's national animal is the Panda, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in GraVandius, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in GraVandius, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Following new legislation in GraVandius, the single-issue Chocolates for Convicts Party recently won several council seats.
- : Following new legislation in GraVandius, the nobility are anxious about the government's new "three executions and you're out" policy.
- : Following new legislation in GraVandius, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : GraVandius was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Clialaad.
- : Following new legislation in GraVandius, a spate of enforced closures has left 'Government FM' as the nation's only radio station.
- : GraVandius endorsed The Nice-ish population of Possibly this.
- : GraVandius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : GraVandius was endorsed by The Nice-ish population of Possibly this.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Gooblaria, Berry de James, Budraria, Issrak-om, Lloenflys, Treir, Kroll Union, Lastovipol, Irish Culcland, Precisely Nothing, The Ben Shapiro Show, Genistan, Benthamania, Igueranel, Dictator Anna 10, P0ptr0pica, Mousa Liberty, Faticapols, Cortlandt Manor, Orztotskha, Liveropolis, Vlazinova, Junkielien, Ecrye, Skvarzhava, Samuelstani, Trollfaceia, United-Marrshmallows, Greater Louisianne, Awesomepotomia, Tomaenia, Voxum Mortalum, Almendron, FedRabbistan, Beriwen, Perunya, Mediocrea, Trackeendy, United Northen States Canada, Union Lysk, Akeland, Ashie, Unified Saturnine Poleis, Free Rosabell, Robbonia, Aexnidaral, The Knights who say Neee, Brickfield, Eloscape, New Fenyr, and 47 others.Bataknese Land, Paulotzia, Arqhua, Lethen, The Tugboat Complex, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Corbien, Serielye, Raghallaigh, Potchen, Estanglia, Elaeria, The Eutopia, Le Libertia, Yuposia, Avok Island, Balustravia, Polgaria, Former Raxhiria, KetanLand, Astrellan, Pirataria, Katkasistan, Swerists, Acapais, Arvigiel, Prabhupa, Purgitz, OrcUsk, Brightlake, The United Peoples of Centrism, Serpahima, Jinn Helda, Gebodwits, Utopian Earth, End Lagellae, Morongia, United Nations of Mediterranean, Morisland, Agapetopia, Carathetopia, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Renmont, Poultry Patrol, North Stenia, Possibly this, and Clialaad.