“Ghoti titainz” the Governor
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Queen's State of GRB is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Governor with a fair hand, and notable for its burgeoning deer population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 23.642 billion GRBians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Environment, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 18.3%.
The very strong GRBian economy, worth 787 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Trout Farming. Average income is 33,327 betales, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
GRB has designated Capital Heights as its capital city, the Governor has just been declared ruler of GRB in an international press conference, none has been named as GRB's national religion, and crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. GRB's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GRB's influence in Qatar rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : GRB's influence in Qatar rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : GRB was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : GRB's influence in Qatar rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : GRB's influence in Qatar rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : GRB's influence in Qatar rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : GRB relocated from Lazarus to Qatar.
- : GRB was refounded in Lazarus.
- : GRB ceased to exist in Qatar.
- : GRB was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.