“Dare to fare”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: Commonwealth of Liberty
|Leader||The Council of Intellectuals|
The Outstanding Meritocracy of Great Apathonia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by The Council of Intellectuals with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.868 billion Apathonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sprĉjná. The average income tax rate is 71.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Apathon economy, worth 302 trillion Apathon Sedets a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 161,862 Apathon Sedets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles', the state is footing the bill for billionaires' lawyers, and it's often raining men (hallelujah) in Sprĉjná. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Great Apathonia's national animal is the Slender Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Arian Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Great Apathonia, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in Sprĉjná.
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Great Apathonia's influence in Commonwealth of Liberty rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Great Apathonia was endorsed by The Federation of Toklandia.
- : Great Apathonia was endorsed by The Holy Red Kingdom of Saockoi.