“3 years of inactivity - 10/23/2019-,,,/2022.” The Council of Intellectuals
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
|Leader||The Council of Intellectuals|
The Dead Nation of Great Apathonia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by The Council of Intellectuals with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.652 billion Apathonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sprĉjná. The average income tax rate is 71.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Apathon economy, worth 433 trillion Apathon Sedets a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 163,514 Apathon Sedets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
The state is footing the bill for billionaires' lawyers, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in Sprĉjná, schoolkids say that the air doesn't taste like wee-wee any more, and The Council of Intellectuals spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Great Apathonia's national animal is the Slender Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Arian Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Great Apathonia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Great Apathonia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Great Apathonia, The Council of Intellectuals spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders.
- : Following new legislation in Great Apathonia, schoolkids say that the air doesn't taste like wee-wee any more.
- : Great Apathonia was refounded in Balder.
- : Great Apathonia ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Great Apathonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.