Regional Influence: Superpower
The Republic of Greater Islidu is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 105 million Greater Isliduans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.6%.
The strong Greater Isliduan economy, worth 6.66 trillion rupees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 63,415 rupees, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 218,686 per year while the poor average 13,461, a ratio of 16.2 to 1.
Flipping a coin to make a decision leads to a referral to Gambling Addiction Services, Greater Isliduan athletes are close to breaking the 2 minute mile and the 16 meter long jump, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, and many are questioning Leader wearing an Eckie-Ecola baseball cap during a keynote speech. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Greater Islidu's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Islidu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Greater Islidu became WA Delegate of Why.
- : Greater Islidu was endorsed by The Republic of Vulpine2.
- : Greater Islidu lost WA Delegate status in Why.
- : Following new legislation in Greater Islidu, many are questioning Leader wearing an Eckie-Ecola baseball cap during a keynote speech.
- : Greater Islidu proposed constructing embassies between Why and Ravana.
- : Greater Islidu appointed The Republic of Vulpine2 as Vice delegate with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Why.
- : Greater Islidu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Duxburian Union".
- : Greater Islidu changed its national motto to "ok boomer".
- : Greater Islidu proposed constructing embassies between Why and Groland.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Vulpine2.