“Nemo me impune lacessit”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The United Kingdom of Greater Orcadia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Iain Gordon with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 4.704 billion Greater Orcadians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edinburgh. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Greater Orcadian economy, worth 179 trillion Orcadian Pounds a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 38,155 Orcadian Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vats of anabolic steroids are being dumped into the ocean to make Greater Orcadian mussels the biggest in Teremara, Greater Orcadia has designated Edinburgh as its capital city, Iain Gordon has just been declared ruler of Greater Orcadia in an international press conference, and Christianity has been named as Greater Orcadia's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greater Orcadia's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greater Orcadia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Greater Orcadia's influence in Teremara rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Greater Orcadia endorsed The Confederacy of Neu Engollon.
- : Greater Orcadia's influence in Teremara rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Greater Orcadia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Greater Orcadia published "The United Kindom of Greater Orcadia" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Greater Orcadia's influence in Teremara rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Greater Orcadia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Greater Orcadia lodged a message on the Teremara Regional Message Board.
- : Greater Orcadia's influence in Teremara rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
Endorsements Received: None.