“Only One World”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Free Land of Grianal is a huge, safe nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 574 million Grianalans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glada. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Grianalian economy, worth 17.2 trillion leephs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 29,976 leephs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast, towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries, the amount welfare recipients spend on fertilizer has exploded, and sniffer dogs are trained to follow clouds of fruity-smelling vapor. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grianal's national animal is the vole, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grianal endorsed The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Grianal was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Following new legislation in Grianal, sniffer dogs are trained to follow clouds of fruity-smelling vapor.
- : Following new legislation in Grianal, the amount welfare recipients spend on fertilizer has exploded.
- : Grianal endorsed The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Grianal was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Grianal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Grianal, towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries.
- : Following new legislation in Grianal, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast.
- : Following new legislation in Grianal, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Wehraboos, Quiescent, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Aumeltopia, Saciu, Erinor, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tsunamy, The Filippinas, Volaworand, Upper Tyrconnel, Anachronolandia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Dasko, Land Without Shrimp, Xandev, Jehenna, Hanguk-Nippon, Caer Krasinet, Negoshi, World United, Farengeto, Barabarom, Havenfell, Japanese Federal Republic, Qvait, FreeFishers, Luddinlande, Ariankido, Vincent Field, Srevana, Pays de Loire, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Tsvetania, New Briantown, Spearos, Churumduul, Sedunn, Omiri, Abarri, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, and 6 others.Kopashu, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Direwolf1, and Romanus Terrae.