“This is Fine”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Free Land of Grue is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 353 million Grueans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grueville. The average income tax rate is 68.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Gruean economy, worth 27.8 trillion Grue Dollars a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,789 Grue Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, snap elections are called over every minor impasse, and military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grue's national animal is the Manatee, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Grue, military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Grue, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Following new legislation in Grue, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Grue, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Grue, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in Grue, stolen Reuben sandwiches are met with detailed and thorough police investigations.
- : Following new legislation in Grue, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries.
- : Grue was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Grue, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.
- : Grue voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Aurelia"".
Endorsements Received: 115 » Alunya, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Miruma, Zokk, McMasterdonia, El Fiji Grande, Pallaith, Yaorozu, Runeda, The Rhein States, PlanetPunk, Guer Aike, Dreadton, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Pazair, Viridiann, North Bratislava, Dar es Saalam, Ethnon, Unprintable Initiator, Notyoutopia, Sockmanland, Seenvorland, Koda-Land, Zumlandia, Vincone Cae, Wineclaw, Sea Ghost, Amauri, Sundred, The Iron Lions, Duerrlewang, Steampunk Ariel, Newpromisedland, Clan Spaniel, Dabarastan, United Kahndaq, Glurponia, New Bremerton, Neworva, Gnomewatchers, Selfgradatude, Orado, 1 very fast endotarter, Shibutani, Frances Francis the First of France, Kasazzastan, Afcon, and 65 others.United Western Federation, Zyvetskistaahn, Federation Terra Australis, Parmovand, Daiz, Loutsland, Shadowrik, Holy Oranz, Maott, New Octicarg, Trillius, Siwale, Eravonia, Kranostav, Xentherida, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Wisconsota, Ravendi, Idumetala, Omnistria, Eri-Maqa-Ena, The Tampa Bay Rays, Sil Dorsett, Interdimensional Zone, Goldenis, United Anglo-America, Valhalla123, Kaschovia, New Trisone, Ponantine, Umuyyad, Bearical, Abject Ludicrosity, Free Culture, Fel Imass, Black Templares, Preble, Warsaw-Halicz, Get Away From Me, Aratani, Castle Federation, Empy, Maestros haven, Wodan, Partax, Palgo, Serendipita Martia, Great Robertia, Religioncord, Prydania, Terban Kedah, U S Eh, Kulgatha, Aenglaland, Misthas, General COE, Valentine Z, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Praeceps, Fendlium, Puppets and Strings, New Bismuthium, Angshire, Volstokn, and Cobleck Weleis.