“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Matriarchy of Gryphons is a very large, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, rampant corporate plagiarism, and parental licensing program. The democratic population of 139 million Gryphis are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 66.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Gryphonsian economy, worth 6.24 trillion Tokens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 44,906 Tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions, and internet trolls are considered valiant supporters of the right to free speech. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gryphons's national animal is the Gryphon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gryphons, internet trolls are considered valiant supporters of the right to free speech.
- : Gryphons endorsed The People's Republic of Malonereich.
- : Gryphons endorsed The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Following new legislation in Gryphons, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions.
- : Following new legislation in Gryphons, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point.
- : Gryphons was endorsed by The People's Republic of Malonereich.
- : Gryphons was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Gryphons was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular and Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Gryphons, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Gryphons was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Drakan Republic.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Volaworand, Gecetesse, Upper Tyrconnel, Qvait, Aumeltopia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hanguk-Nippon, Tsunamy, Amerion, Erinor, Wehraboos, Aidenfieeld, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Land Without Shrimp, Barabarom, Mapico, Spearos, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, The Filippinas, Paranoia, Imperial Duck, Aurcania, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Tsvetania, Romanus Terrae, Jehenna, Farengeto, Ostanasia, Direwolf1, Sedunn, Phanama, Anachronolandia, The Drakan Republic, Qawe, and Malonereich.