“Grasp The World” Minister Jackie
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Imperial Republic of Guthra is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Minister Jackie with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.412 billion Guthrans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cauft. The average income tax rate is 45.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Guthran economy, worth 206 trillion Kopecks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 146,274 Kopecks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, no one is worried about government policies any more, politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return, and billions are being spent on a new island airport. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Guthra's national animal is the White Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, no one is worried about government policies any more.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers.
- : Guthra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, Maxtopian villagers starve by the time Guthran officials even file the appropriate paperwork needed to help them.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, the aphorism "there's no need to argue" has been dismissed by Guthrans.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Fedele, Wiranath, Axdel, Ridann, Todd McCloud, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Goodnamesarerare, Brotherland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Lanagon, Bachtendekuppen, Enlil, The Holy Utopian Republic, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, New Leganes, Aelitia, Roissyland, Matdor, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, VW53Aland, Socialist Holy American Empire, Kilkire, The Holy Empire of Moronica, BearStackof2015, Davelands, Bacon Land, Stellar Colonies, Someseni, Marrico, Kelsyth, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Arkantis, Am Echad, United Edwards, East Malaysia, Valdwall, Pakitsk, The Sacred Whale, Agonya, The Empire of Rijelv, Karatol-Advenra, Brethren, Talitoa, New Terabithia, Atlia Sonis, ArenaC, and 25 others.Headpat Central, ReeK, Bai Lung, United China Nation, Endertopias, Blazing Samaritan, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, Davinhia, Kangarawa, Plazland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Escade, Stanisiti, Marrabuk, Liberstankonia, Lerasi, Laquara, Magosconity, The Death Syndicate, Mossy-Oak, Roliganistan, Sreneck, and Commodore Badger.