“We Will Endure”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Halander is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Dylan Vega with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.602 billion Halanderians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Los Santos. The average income tax rate is 86.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Halanderian economy, worth 128 trillion Halis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 80,352 Halis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
The automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love, breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need, and billions of Halis are spent to take high-quality photos of the Lion Nebula. Crime is totally unknown. Halander's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Halander was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Halander was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Halander was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Halander was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Halander was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Halander, billions of Halis are spent to take high-quality photos of the Lion Nebula.
- : Following new legislation in Halander, breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need.
- : Following new legislation in Halander, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love.
- : Following new legislation in Halander, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
- : Following new legislation in Halander, conspiracy theorists allege Los Santos's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Quiescent, Saciu, Erinor, Wehraboos, Land Without Shrimp, Academy of Umbrellas, Aidenfieeld, Tsunamy, Farengeto, Aumeltopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Pays de Loire, Hanguk-Nippon, Amerion, Anachronolandia, Kringalia, Wild Space, The Solar System Scope, Great Africans, Phanama, Beepee, Rebel-topia, Dasko, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, North Prarie, Ariankido, Aurcania, Luddinlande, Drystar, Curlyhoward, Bear Connors Paradiso, The naked people, The Filippinas, Abarri, Japanese Federal Republic, Trinennie, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Ketathinamiri Islands, Tsvetania, WTP All the good names are taken, New Briantown, Volaworand, Churumduul, Sedunn, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Empa Aserium, Pol Lakles, and 8 others.Mapico, Agalaesia, Gecetesse, Paranoia, Benstralis, Marinho Islands, Direwolf1, and Qawe.