|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Transcendent Domicile of Halliway is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, frequent executions, and enforced nudity. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7.193 billion Halliwains enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nargothrond. The average income tax rate is 55.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Halliwayian economy, worth a remarkable 1,059 trillion marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 147,248 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Military chiefs are predicting extra funding in this year's budget, lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs, the government spends twice its healthcare budget on replacing stolen pens, and politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back. Crime is totally unknown. Halliway's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Halliway was endorsed by The Imperial Republic of Ashoy.
- : Halliway was endorsed by The Pernicious Plutocracy of Honeydewistania.
- : Halliway was endorsed by The Empire of Republic of Butuan.
- : Halliway was endorsed by The Republic of Sutnailag.
- : Halliway was endorsed by The Kingdom of Debussy.
- : Halliway was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Halliway was endorsed by The Khanate Did Nothing Wrong of Killer Kitty.
- : Halliway voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the employed".
- : Halliway voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions On Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Halliway, politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Mzeusia, Cossack Peoples, Glorious Society, Surd, Treadwellia, Guiness Freaks, Aflana, Lazarene Ryccia, Custadia, Aigania, Loftegen 3, Axixic, Burning Pants, Rommanda, The Sigometh Dynasty, Steel Vagabonds, Snoodum, Shaunborough, Arkanik, Port Flynt, Aguaria Major, Manaric, Thetraxia, Caybow, Perchan, Nargorthia, The New California Republic, Auralon, Aaecilia, Bobs raider puppet, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Darcaethir, Russiane, Nova Zemlya, Northern Rosary Isles, Mainze, Pama Freeza, Outlaw Conformity, Margandy, Sireco, Praenestia, Issrak-om, Leonism, Wishper, The Islands of Colwell, Astalen, TypoTech, Marcellinople, The Daedric Lords, The Salvation States, and 12 others.Capercom, Inceptio, New Rogernomics, Courlany, Domais, Zekrosz, Tradle Peloni, Killer Kitty, Debussy, Republic of Butuan, Honeydewistania, and Ashoy.