“Is it a hamlet, a village, or a city?”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Page
The Jingoistic States of Hamburgville is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 218 million Hamburgvilleans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 69.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Hamburgvillean economy, worth 4.00 trillion Meat Yum-yums a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is 18,344 Meat Yum-yums, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, the practice of capital punishment proves divisive, and public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hamburgville's national animal is the Hamburger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hamburgville's influence in Bigtopia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Hamburgville's influence in Bigtopia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Hamburgville's influence in Bigtopia rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Hamburgville relocated from Thar to Bigtopia.
- : Hamburgville's influence in Thar rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Hamburgville's influence in Thar rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Hamburgville's influence in Thar fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Hamburgville's influence in Thar fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Hamburgville's influence in Thar fell from "Hermit" to "Power".
- : Hamburgville's influence in Thar rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".