“Non sibi sed patriae”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: The Roleplay Paradise
|Leader||President Kyle Milonved|
The Federal Union of Hansdeltania is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Kyle Milonved with an even hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, humorless population of 13.588 billion Hansdeltanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hansdelta. The average income tax rate is 60.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hansdeltanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,070 trillion hansdeltanoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 152,386 hansdeltanoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only native-born Hansdeltanians who have never left the nation are permitted to run for office, it is said that a Hansdeltanian woman's work is never done, politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament, and human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hansdeltania's national animal is the Hansdeltanian eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is secular humanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hansdeltania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Hansdeltania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Hansdeltania lodged a message on the The Roleplay Paradise Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Hansdeltania, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
- : Following new legislation in Hansdeltania, politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament.
- : Hansdeltania published "Hansdeltanian Federal Forces" (Factbook: Military).
- : Hansdeltania published "Hansdeltanian Federal Marine Corps (WIP)" (Factbook: Military).
- : Hansdeltania published "Hansdeltanian Federal Air Force (WIP)" (Factbook: Military).
- : Hansdeltania published "Hansdeltanian Federal Navy (WIP)" (Factbook: Military).
- : Hansdeltania published "Hansdeltanian Federal Army (WIP)" (Factbook: Military).
Endorsements Received: None.