“Pride, Perseverance, Patriotism”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Hanyen is a very large, efficient nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 197 million Hanyans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 54.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Hanyenian economy, worth 13.2 trillion nanyis a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 67,145 nanyis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Scaffolding is built around scaffolding to give safe access, chickens frolic freely on swings and roundabouts in Hanyen City's playgrounds, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, and cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hanyen's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hanyen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Hanyen was endorsed by The Peripherals of Paranoia.
- : Hanyen changed its national demonym to "Hanyan".
- : Following new legislation in Hanyen, cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park.
- : Following new legislation in Hanyen, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- : Following new legislation in Hanyen, chickens frolic freely on swings and roundabouts in Hanyen City's playgrounds.
- : Hanyen was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Hanyen, scaffolding is built around scaffolding to give safe access.
- : Following new legislation in Hanyen, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Following new legislation in Hanyen, there's a literal nanny state for the legions of children taken by social services.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Qawe, Hanguk-Nippon, Anachronolandia, New Briantown, UnShleepd, Upper Tyrconnel, Wehraboos, Land Without Shrimp, Erinor, United Federated States of Omega, Mew Nation, Auphelia, Volaworand, Vincent Field, Abarri, Barabarom, Jehenna, Solega, Aumeltopia, Ariankido, The Filippinas, Xandev, Aurcania, Tsvetania, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Churumduul, Ketathinamiri Islands, Sedunn, Omiri, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Jennaterra, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Imperial Duck, Qvait, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Farengeto, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Mapico, Agalaesia, Gecetesse, World United, USNE2018, Quiescent, and Paranoia.