“Where everyone goes home with a free mattress!” Dr Norvak Dolokai
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: the Rejected Realms
|Leader||Dr Norvak Dolokai|
The Dissociative State of Hardscrabble is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Dr Norvak Dolokai with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.172 billion Hardscrabbleans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Squash Flats. The average income tax rate is 95.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Hardscrabblean economy, worth a remarkable 1,141 trillion florgons a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 159,122 florgons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, edutainment video games are taking Hardscrabble's students to the next level, and the countryside is shrouded by wind farms. Crime is totally unknown. Hardscrabble's national animal is the wood shrew, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, the countryside is shrouded by wind farms.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, edutainment video games are taking Hardscrabble's students to the next level.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Hardscrabble endorsed The Crown Colony of New Wight.
- : Hardscrabble was endorsed by The Crown Colony of New Wight.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, passengers often cause a stink on public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks.
- : Following new legislation in Hardscrabble, international tensions are high as Hardscrabble threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens.
Endorsements Received: 92 » Zavea, Lederland, Saavir Yuvon, Raj7765, UKIMAR RBON, Farrakhan, Aggro, Crazy Firemen, Euroanatolian Greece, Sarotte, Enacheland, Zyonn, The Citizens Commonwealth, Capitalist Paradise, Cyrtenes, The Horror Channel, Gorgondria, Byzant, Melon feud, Panormia, Perfect Sublime Masters, Cleo and Topaz, Romosia, Beezertopia, Unibot III, Lobraunia, Amalea, Savanel, Evilness Islands, Rubian Empire, OspasiA, The Ardenner Forest, Fitzgeraldland, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Collosuss, Upper West Northern Schneddick, Franluxin, Zhavn, Emeseses, Arinteriswith, Aqueira, Yoshiterra, Heaven Fire, Xyloqua, Fam-Friendly State, Edgedgie, Hollow Forest Pack, Andromeda Islands, Alkasia, New Edem, and 42 others.Centurionis, Neo-Enlightenment, Mihaiteren, MargiBoof, Empire of the alder, Kijsel, Razorback, KEP77, Maazalik, Hemta, Star Kingdom, Vroengard mk2, New Mew-land, Marilyn Manson Freaks, Shuddera, Kyorgia, Casanas, Matonis, Holleynaga, Up Downland, Florin, ThePlace, Singu1arity, Indoeuropaische Lander, DisregardWork, Alcrestia Liakar, Pettlland, The Land of the Dark Immortals, Liberal2day, Morover, Die Suid-Afrikaanse Ryk, Skenne, Gozira, Serious Problems, North Comunist Awelanius, Rushkaland, Teodorias, Doormat to the Lord, TorNaGul, Stantal, Kaystein, and New Wight.