“Strength Through Compliance”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The Order of the Grey Wardens
The Republic of Heaugg Choleyland is a very large, efficient nation, remarkable for its spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 149 million Heaugg Choleylandians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, with Healthcare, Welfare, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.6%.
The very strong Heaugg Choleylandian economy, worth 7.11 trillion lire a year, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 47,735 lire, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 217,246 per year while the poor average 6,412, a ratio of 33.9 to 1.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Heaugg Choleyland's national animal is the beaver, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Heaugg Choleyland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Heaugg Choleyland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Heaugg Choleyland's influence in The Order of the Grey Wardens rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Heaugg Choleyland's influence in The Order of the Grey Wardens rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Heaugg Choleyland's influence in The Order of the Grey Wardens rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Heaugg Choleyland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector, Most Pro-Market, Largest Agricultural Sector, and Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Heaugg Choleyland, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Heaugg Choleyland was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Heaugg Choleyland relocated from The West Pacific to The Order of the Grey Wardens.
- : Heaugg Choleyland was founded in The West Pacific.