“To bring pleasure to all for eternity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The East Pacific
The Free Land of Hedonistica is a very large, genial nation, remarkable for its public floggings, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate population of 156 million Hedonisticans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 25.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Hedonistican economy, worth 11.8 trillion Spirits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 75,843 Spirits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is compulsory, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, the comic book series 'Leader and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, and advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Hedonistica's national animal is the Bonobo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hedonistica was endorsed by The Empire of Celannica.
- : Hedonistica endorsed The People's Republic of SalemCityNJ.
- : Following new legislation in Hedonistica, advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references.
- : Hedonistica was endorsed by The People's Republic of SalemCityNJ.
- : Following new legislation in Hedonistica, the comic book series 'Leader and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Following new legislation in Hedonistica, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Hedonistica, voting is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Hedonistica, third world countries are rich in "I Love Hedonistica City" t-shirts.
- : Hedonistica voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Hedonistica was endorsed by The Holy Red Lucky Pacifican of Ballpit2.
Endorsements Received: 66 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, La xinga, Laquara, Encurage, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Chir Nordana, The Holy Utopian Republic, Osterreich und Ungarn, Freedom Fascists, Bai Lung, Kaigi, Johnny Appleseed1, Lanagon, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wanabe, The Empire of Rijelv, Commodore Badger, ReeK, Brotherland, Drunken Seal Islands, Federated States of Zootron, Ridann, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Pakitsk, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Trimmania, Kampf Empire, The Almighty Country, Janoobi Jazair, Roissyland, Talitoa, Kelsyth, Adavan, Bakaworld, Marrico, Aeljae, CopyCato, Chubaka, Biggstonia, Sreneck, Sansangra, The United Neo American Union, BearStackof2015, Wiranath, Libertanny, The Romanum Legio, Ver Norge, Harro Waarudho, Avakael, and 16 others.New Leganes, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Eagas, Hornetopia, Axdel, Brethren, Kangarawa, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Ballpit2, SalemCityNJ, and Celannica.