“We Will Endure”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Union of Nationalists
|Faith||Church of Hepnol|
The Empire of Hepnol is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Jason with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, strictly enforced bedtime, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.414 billion Hepnolians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Medrock. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 32.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Hepnolian economy, worth 425 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 176,178 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 497,312 per year while the poor average 49,960, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
The state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, at the edge of the final frontier space's biggest missile platform is about to unfold, and loss of the ability to speak is a common affliction of the elderly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hepnol's national animal is the Fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Church of Hepnol.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hepnol, loss of the ability to speak is a common affliction of the elderly.
- : Hepnol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Hepnol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Hepnol, at the edge of the final frontier space's biggest missile platform is about to unfold.
- : Hepnol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens and Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Hepnol, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Hepnol, the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association.
- : Following new legislation in Hepnol, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.
- : Following new legislation in Hepnol, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Following new legislation in Hepnol, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.