“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The East Pacific
The Commonwealth of Hintar is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate population of 313 million Hintarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 49.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Hintarian economy, worth 23.7 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is 75,645 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There is no other place with more lab coats per square mile than former houses of worship, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, and newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hintar's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hintar was endorsed by The Empire of Celannica.
- : Hintar was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Hintar was endorsed by The Vizier Nominee of Ramaeus.
- : Following new legislation in Hintar, newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names.
- : Following new legislation in Hintar, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Hintar, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus.
- : Hintar endorsed The Kingdom of Kingdom of Napels II.
- : Hintar was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kingdom of Napels II.
- : Hintar endorsed The Colony of Eastie.
- : Hintar endorsed The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Staynes, Brotherland, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Republic of Berzerkistan, Escade, Roissyland, Marrico, Kangarawa, Stanisiti, BearStackof2015, Commodore Badger, Roliganistan, Encurage, Liberstankonia, Johnny Appleseed1, Libertanny, Avakael, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, La xinga, The Angel of Charity, Axdel, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, and Celannica.