“Fear the deer!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
|Leader||Claude von Riegan|
The Emirate of Hjortheim is a huge, genial nation, ruled by Claude von Riegan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, state-planned economy, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 822 million Hjorts love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shikashi. The average income tax rate is 84.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Hjortheimian economy, worth 89.5 trillion gevirs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 108,878 gevirs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, and the nation is currently revamping its entire education system. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hjortheim's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hjortheim endorsed The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Hjortheim was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Following new legislation in Hjortheim, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system.
- : Following new legislation in Hjortheim, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Following new legislation in Hjortheim, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Hjortheim, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : Hjortheim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Land Management".
- : Hjortheim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Hjortheim, light entertainment shows are light on actual entertainment.
- : Following new legislation in Hjortheim, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Talamh na Cailleach, Jehenna, The Filippinas, Saciu, Erinor, Quiescent, Wehraboos, Land Without Shrimp, Agalaesia, Vincent Field, Tsunamy, Aidenfieeld, Anachronolandia, Barabarom, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Pencil Sharpeners 2, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Jornlandia, Hanguk-Nippon, Pays de Loire, Luddinlande, Aumeltopia, Tsvetania, Amerion, Auphelia, Kringalia, Wild Space, Farengeto, Great Africans, Negoshi, Ostanasia, Gymnostan, New Juan Carlos Land, Qvait, Phanama, Beepee, Abarri, Dasko, Ariankido, Rabbitz, Aurcania, New Briantown, Spearos, Churumduul, Sedunn, Xandev, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Mapico, and 18 others.Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Skeldonya, Sodor and Mann, Paranoia, Maeiland, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Omiri, Direwolf1, Qawe, Changolandia, Malonereich, Wyatonians, Farelonia, and West Carlisten.